Today I'm reviewing the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation (can that name be any longer?)
Now, I already know I love the Amazonian Clay blushes, they last forever, don't break me out, are hyper pigmented and are just all around awesomeness! And since I'm still on the hunt for that holy grail foundation I thought I'd give this stuff a whirl.
I should probably add what I'm looking for in a foundation so you know what I'm basing all these opinions on...
- Medium to full coverage on the first application
- stays put all day
- doesn't melt into my fine lines or around my nose/t-zone
- doesn't oxidize or turn me into Snooki
- doesn't make my forehead look like sandpaper
So...here goes nuthin'!
I am in the color light/medium...which is fitting because I'd say that's what the coverage payoff is for this foundation. I was actually surprised at how light the coverage was since it's a very thick cream like consistency. If you have nearly flawless skin to begin with (ie no redness, acne or sunspots) this will be excellent coverage for you. But for those of us who live in the real world and are a smidge (haha) older...this is more of a light coverage. It is buildable, but I really am looking for something quick and more on the medium to full side of coverage. I don't want to sit and wait for layer 1 to dry so I can apply layer 2 and so on and so forth. (McDonald's mentality much?)
Now, onto the 12 hour part...to this I say..who's clock is Tarte going by and can I please join in this new way of telling time? This foundation started to break down and sink into my fine line within 3 hours of applying. And yes, I tried not one but 4 different primers with it! It actually sank into the fine line under my eyes the second it hit my skin! It did the icky melt around my nose thing before I even had my eyebrows gelled into place! However, I will say it stayed quite well on the rest of my face. My T-zone...not so much. I will also say that it didn't do very well with the dry patches on my faces and sort of highlighted them somehow in a very non sexy way.
Here is a pic when I first put it on...
And here is a pic with full makeup...
As you can see, it settled into the lines on my forehead pretty bad. This was about 1 1/2 hours after I put it on. On the plus side, I think this would make a great "base layer" to put under another foundation like a BB or CC cream. On it's own...not so much. So, I guess it's back to the drawing board (wth does that saying even come from?) and back to Sephora I go :)
Daily tidbits...
- I forgot to mention this retails for $38
- I had an awesome job interview today! *fingers crossed*
- I'm making headway with all the attorney stuff (yay)
- I busted out all the heavy skin care artillary since my skin is going all sorts of wacko because of this weather...

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment