Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New Smackdown-Bronzers

Hello Loves!
Today I'm going to do another product smackdown. I figured since it's getting cold and crummy and our gorgeous tans are fading I thought what better time to do a bronzer smackdown! 
So, here goes nuthin'...

Mac bronzer in Matte VS. Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light


The first thing you may notice is the Rimmel has a slight shimmer to it, while the Mac is totally matte. However, after you first swatch and/or use the Rimmel one all the shimmer gets dusted off. Which brings me to my first issue with the Rimmel, you waste a ton of product because it just gets all dusty and goes everywhere except on your brush. Seriously, it's almost like using a loose powder as opposed to a pressed powder it's that bad. Now, my second problem with the Rimmel (are you sensing a pattern?) is that it looks dirty on the skin. It just doesn't apply well nor does it apply like the color in the pan. 


I also noticed the Rimmel doesn't seem to blend as well when I go back over it with my large kabuki brush. The one pro I was able to see, it lasts just as long as the Mac. As for Rimmels claim that it's waterproof-I call BS on that also. I was doing dishes and accidentally sprayed myself with the sprayer and it ran down my face like molten lava. Not good.

So, yup you guessed it...I'm giving this one to Mac. I think it's totally worth the price as finding a matte bronzer is damn near impossible! I searched high and low for a drug store matte bronzer and this one is the only one I found. 

Now...on a side note, sorry I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I said I would. I've had a shitty few weeks. I got my dream job offer only to have it ripped away by my former company due to a non-compete clause. Not to mention some VERY defamatory statements they made about me to my new employer. And yes, I'm dealing with it legally. Hopefully it will all sort itself out and I can move on. But for now, I'm sort of in limbo workwise which sucks major balls! I won't go into too many details since it is an ongoing legal issue, but once it's over you can bet I will have a very long venting post all about it! The one good thing about all of this is that I'm really wanting to blog more and do more make-up type things. So please, if you have ideas or things you'd like to read about send them to me! I love requests! They both inspire me and hold me accountable. 
Tell next time...peace out gfunks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment