Monday, November 25, 2013

The b*tch who stole Christmas

Ok so just to warn you this isn't going to be my usual beauty related post. I'm having a hard time with some things and just need to vent. And since I know no one really reads these I will just vent away...
I've been dealing with job search issues. Every time I think I'm going to get an offer either the person I was dealing with just falls off the planet and can't even bother to send an email saying thanks but no thanks or I end up having to deal with all this non-compete BS. I'm so sick of it! I'm totally discouraged and don't even want to bother applying to anything anymore. Some of these interview processes are so crazy and in depth they end up wasting weeks of my time! Some of them turn out to be total scams all together! 
And the whole non-compete BS is really wearing on me. So many times I've been tempted to call my old boss and ask her how it feels to steal Christmas from my kids. Or if doing all of this to me makes her feel better about being such a shitty boss and hearing it from her prized employee...or reading it I should say. If the rumors are true and she read the emails between me and another co-worker then she knows how her staff really feel about her "director skills"  Does it feel good to make a mother chose between a winter coat for her child or presents under the tree? What she did isn't even legal! And yes, I have an attorney dealing with it and hope to get it worked out but until then I'm pretty much screwed. 
This is an exceptionally hard time of year for me anyway what with it being the anniversary of my dads passing and all. 
Then I see everyone talking about Christmas shopping and how thankful they are for blah blah blah and I pretty much just want to stab myself in the eye with an eyeliner brush! 
I've been a mother well over 1/2 my life and this is the first time I've ever had to tell my kids no Christmas this year..which I still haven't worked up the balls to actually do yet. I dread it every time I think about it. I get physically sick to my stomach, end up crying and giving myself a headache. Does that make you feel like a big shot director? 
Meanwhile I'm over here applying to 20 some jobs a day, interviewing and getting nowhere! I've even sunk to applying to shit jobs with shit pay just to get something. It's so demeaning and frustrating I can't even begin to describe it. All the while I know she talks shit about me (because that is the office culture she thrives on) and couldn't care less what she did to my family. And just so you know, yes I can blame it all on her because it was her final decision to uphold my non-compete. Yup, that's right, the CEO of a company let an office manager make a major legal decision regarding a legal document. Awesome sauce right? *insert screams of rage here* 
I think I'm going to start call her the bitch who stole Christmas! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry sweetie. I am desperately looking for work too and it is so tiring and frustrating. You let me know if I can make some things for Hannah and send them out - I also have a pair of diamond stud earrings that I NEVER wear - nothing fancy, but I bet the Bean would love diamonds. Seriously - free and from you. If there is any jewelry styles she likes -send me links and I will make something similar. Not much I could do for Tyler, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumper you're amazing! Thank you so much! I'll send you a private message on FB and we can chat. Thanks sweetie.

    ReplyDelete