Friday, September 6, 2013

Job Seeker Rant

So I find myself in the market for a job again. Not my idea of a good time! I've come to find some very annoying things about this new job market. I thought I'd share them all with you fine people :)
#1 The person interviewing you most likely has no clue what they are doing and is just as nervous as you are
#2 There are alot of job sites out there that are total spam holes and will just sell you're info..yes Monster I mean you!
#3 If they say they will call...they won't! EVER! After the interview there is a 99% chance you won't hear from the company ever again, not even to say you didn't get the job. It's so effing rude I can't even handle it!
#4 If you get your hopes up too many times you will only end up feeling deflated. take a break from searching, get your spirits back up and start over.
#5 Phone interviews are pointless.
#6 People have forgotten the joys of Altoids
#7 Some companies just don't care how they represent themselves. They don't clean up, they aren't on time, they don't hide their OSHA violations (yes that really happened) etc
#8 There are a ton of new job scams out there! UGH
#9 It's ok to not submit to a drug test, background check, hand over your SS card etc until a job offer has been made and accepted!
#10 (last but not least) job seeking SUCKS!

The worst of these is by far #3. Seriously how rude is it to waste my time and then not even take 60 seconds to send me a robo email saying I'm not getting the job? If you tell me you will call me on a certain day and don't, guess what? I no longer want to work for your company! Accountability is everything and you just lost your accountability with me! 
*off to apply to more jobs I won't get**

2 comments:

  1. All very true - let's add one though - there is a 75% chance the person interviewing you is younger than you. I was told by some bitch that I was over dressed for an interview! I walked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the hell do you over dress for an interview? Most people way under dress! Drove me nuts when I was a recruiter and people showed up in jeans or sweat pants! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete