Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello again.
Today I thought I'd write about one of my best beauty secrets. Ok, it's not really that big of a secret. Tons of people know about it and use it everyday for various things. If you've already sneaked a peak at the pic below you'll know I'm talking about Coconut Oil! Seriously, this stuff is amazeballs! Yes I say amazeballs get over it. It smells amazing, it's all natural and it has a bajillion uses!
Here are the 3 things I use it for the most: in place of a body lotion, deep hair conditioner and an eye makeup remover.
As a body lotion it goes on like you would expect it to, oily. It takes about 15 minutes for it to absorb in, which is why I prefer to do it before I go to bed. It leaves my skin crazy smooth with a gorgeous glow. And did I mention the smell? Yumola!
As a deep  conditioner I like to put it in my hair when it's dry and let it sit for a good 30 minutes or so. I like to do this while I'm cleaning the house. That way I'm pampering myself while doing mundane grown up things. After about 30 minutes just get in the shower, rinse well and shampoo and condition like normal. It leaves my hair static free, shiny, soft and detangled. And did I mention the smell?
As an eye makeup remover, just put a pea size amount on a cotton ball and use like any other eye makeup remover. It gets off even the budge proof, waterproof, I'm sticking to your lashes no matter what stuff. And did I mention the smell?
Ok, so I guess you by now you've figured out I'm a coconut freak! The smell, the taste, I just can't get enough! I drink coconut water everyday, I light coconut candles, I eat coconut M&M's...you get the point. If you don't like coconut, this post isn't going to do jack for you. But if you're even a little like me, get yourself a jar! I buy mine at Trader Joe's but you can find it in any grocery store or Wal-Mart in the organic section. Sometimes it's by the baking stuff. It comes in a jar like peanut butter. It's a solid in the jar but as soon as the warmth of your fingers hits it it starts to melt.  It's pretty cheap, around 6$ and will last you ages! I've had mine for 6 months and the jar is only half empty. 
So there ya go! A quick beauty tip (or 3) on the cheap and natural. And did I mention the smell?

PS-try a spoonful in your coffee! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment