well it that is true then who decided we need to fight fair? And what exactly is fighting fair? Does that mean think before you speak? I'm pretty sure that is just plain common sense. Does it mean don't raise your voice? Don't bring up the past? Only fight about the present? Well...yes it means all of those things. But for me, the biggest thing it means, is never say something you can't un-say. Somethings a person just can't ever un-hear. Think about wht you want the outcome of the fight to be. Is it your goal to end the relationship with the person you are fighting with? Whateve that may be, sister, friend, lover, co-worker. Or is it your intention to state your grievence and move on to become stronger in that relationship? If it is the first-say whatever you want to and move on. But if it is the second-be kind. No matter how angry and hurt you are. Keep it in the back of your head that you want this person in your life after all is said and done. I have had some knock down drag out fights in my life. Looking back I realized I learned alot more from the ones where both parties remained civil.
The relationship I am in now-we barely ever fight. And when we do-we always keep it clean....okay maybe not always >;-)
Remember fights don't have to be a bad thing. They can be very healing and very educational-if you do them right.
No comments:
Post a Comment